Friday, January 23, 2009

Jan 23
Another day at sea! Getting through my two morning classes today was a sincere struggle. Global studies has not been interesting like I thought it would be and my Islam class was all lecture today. I can’t do all lecture classes, I will fall asleep every time. Just let me talk a little. Even taking notes I can’t stay awake, I’ll get halfway through a sentence, nod off, then have no idea what I was writing. And it’s like a squiggle mark instead of a word. Then I try to creepily look at the person next to me’s notes, and they don’t ever really like that. I guess I’ll get coffee every morning from now on. I don’t really think it’s a lack of sleep, even though the clocks have steadily been moving forward, I just don’t function well before 10 am and I’m probably not adjusted yet to this clock system. When I wake up in the mornings it’s like 2 am America time. AMERICA!
Today the weather was so gorgeous, the sea was very calm too. Hannah and Alicia and I tanned for a long time but I’m just not the Latina I used to be. Tomorrow marks only four more days till ESPANA! I’m getting very excited to go on adventures and see land again. Some people have seen whales and I am so so jealous. Hannah and I have a great game where we yell whale and see how many people look. It’s usually a lot, in case you were wondering.
Tonight was open mic night and a lot of people are really talented and hilarious. There was one guy who looks straight up like Cory Matthews and he played this weird piano/flute thing but he was like a stand up comedian. And one of our resident four-year-olds sang a sweet song dressed in full sailor outfit. Hannah and I think we will do “Han-Han, Jill-Jill, and the calls of the wild.” Animal sounds. I’m definitely going to write a song and perform it on some mic night, I just have to choose what I wanna set it to. I was thinking either “SOS” by Rihanna and switching it to SAS. Clever, I know. Or Colt 45 by Afroman. Always a good one.
Anyways no sickness today. Today was full of laughter and I am obsessed with Hannah and Caroline.
Taylor and I talked about Melissa soooo much tonight and I am missing you roomie. ☹
Last night was my first pub night experience, it was pretty grand, played Thumper with a great group of kids and was the koala bear. Then I came back to my room and used some of internet minutes haha. Can’t wait to hear people’s voices again, I miss you guys.
Tomorrow there’s a lot going on too. I have three classes and at night all the activities we signed up for are having meetings, so I’ll be bouncing around. Night!

No comments: