Thursday, January 22, 2009


Jan 22
Yesterday was another long day, early mornings and late nights. Class in the morning is tough, man. Especially because the clocks are being set forward an hour every single night on the way to Spain. I try to get to bed by midnight while I still can. I know this entire semester of my life will include very limited sleeping time. I’m not sleeping that well yet, either, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it soon.
Yesterday I had my first seasickness experience, or it might have just been because I was dehydrated. I went up to breakfast feeling fine, when all of the sudden I knew I had to throw up. So I quickly walked to the bathroom on the other side of the ship and on the way there I started losing my vision and hearing, so I knew I was about to faint. I made it to the bathroom okay and sat down for a few minutes and then I was alright. While I was sitting there a girl came into the next stall and threw up. So after that I bought a refillable water bottle emblazoned with the SAS logo and I put on a little bit of a seasickness patch. I felt fine the rest of the day and even worked out at night. That was an interesting experience as well. I’ve never run with the ground constantly moving. At night I busted out my Apples to Apples travel case, thanks mom, and we played for a long time with a bunch of people, even the sexy dean of our ship Les haha. We also had the activities fair and I signed up for a few things. Looking forward to fitness classes, everyone knows how much I love those. And Vicarious Voyage should be really interesting as well. I’ll be keeping in contact with a classroom of K-12 somewhere in the world. I think the theme I’m going to pick is art, as I know a little something about it and I feel art will be a prevalent part of my trip. It’s everywhere!
This morning I was sitting in class eating an apple when I was like… yeah I gotta throw up. Haha. So I did and now I feel better. It’s strange though I feel fine I’m not sure why this keeps happening… oh well! I will have my other two classes for the first time today. My classes are Global Studies (studies of every country we are traveling to), Biology, Migration of Art, and Classical Islam. They should all be interesting and actually challenging. It’s weird to even have school, I’m just supposed to be on vacation? I’m just kidding, but it is hard to get into the right mindset. The ocean stretches around me and it is absolutely gorgeous. The weather is great and I love lying out. I’m also trying to meet people so I’m putting a lot of energy into hangout time. But now I have homework so I have to keep up with homework time! Only 6 days till Spain…

No comments: