Sunday, February 1, 2009


February 1
Wow. It is freaking February. I can’t believe it.
Today was a limboland day. We can see two bodies of land out the window: Gibraltar and Morocco. We can’t step foot on either one though. Tomorrow begins my grand Moroccan adventure. Day 1: Casablanca. Day 2: Rabat and dinner with a Moroccan family in Casablanca. Day 3: Marrakech. Day 4: Back to Casablanca and the boat. I’ve got every day planned out with different friends and already have a hostel, or riad, booked for the third night. It’s actually more of a bed and breakfast. Really looking forward to doing some serious independent traveling.
The weather was crazy too. Cold and window all day until the afternoon when it brightened up for about an hour, and now it’s been POURING for about two hours. So we all just sat inside and played never have I ever and ate our lives away. How juvenile. And fun.
At lunch they served sherbert!!!! YESSSSS. And I sat down with our Moroccan speaker and his wife and they told me all about life in Morocco, they have lived there for 17 years and raised three kids there who now all go to college in the States, one who goes to Azusa Pacific, which obviously is about five minutes from my house in good ol San Dimas, so we were able to meet on common ground about that. I was very surprised that a girl who had lived in France and Morocco all her life decided to attend… ASU??? Very strange, but they said it has a great art program and is actually highly ranked. Who knew?

Great. Just got back from global studies and it was announced that today when the fueling ship was by us for like two hours, it never actually gave us fuel. So we have to stick around here for the night and probably for a long while tomorrow as well. They said they would hope to have us into Casablanca by TOMORROW EVENING! WTF MATE. A whole day in Morocco gone. But at least I didn’t have anything substantial planned tomorrow, and since I’m coming home very early on the 5th I can still explore Casablanca on that day. Gawwwwwwwwwd tomorrow is going to be a long day. At least I can sleep a lot. And work out. I ate an INCREDIBLE amount of food today. I broke into my Goldfish today, after finishing the Cheez It party mix. The first box at least. We got leftover birthday cake and dinner tonight and I’m about to keel over.
Alright well the superbowl is on at 11 so I’ll hit that up. And play games. Woo. I wish I were in Spain dancing amongst the Spaniards until dawn.



No comments: