Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Feb 11
       Last night I sawr a film…as I recall it was a foreign film. Actually it was a documentary called “Cocaine Cowboys”and it was all about how Miami was overrun by druglords in the 80s and became the most violent city in America, with over 700 homicides a year just in the city alone. It was so entertaining and funny and interesting. One of the students on the ship just happens to be writing the biography of the main hitman in the film who will be in jail for life. WHAT??? How did he just decide he was going to do that? It blows my mind, I have to meet him and ask how he one day was like you know what I’m going to write that man in jail then write his biography. And why did the guy let some white kid write it?? Crazy. Seriously there are some very impressive kids on the ship.
       Today was a good day. Went to breakfast which is now extended till 9 yessss and then to global studies. Then tanned for two hours. Then studied for a bio quiz which I aced. In the afternoon Hannah and I went to a workout class on the ship called P90X. It was really intense, and it was made much more intense by the fact that all 25 of us were crammed into a very small room, filling the room with heavy and rancid smelling sweat. Gross. It was just too hot and too cramped and we don’t know if we can do it again. But it was a great workout. After dinner tonight Caroline, Greg, Alicia, Nate and I played LIFE. It was a pretty good time, I was a salesperson, entertainer, and tech analyst throughout my lifetime and I married a woman and had one kid. And I shaved my head in my twenties. Haha. About halfway through our game though this random jam session started in the piano lounge where we were sitting. There was a guitarist, pianist, bass guitarist, electric guitarist and a couple of singers. They played a lot of songs and they were all so talented, just picking up on the songs and running with it. The show lasted about an hour and put me in the best mood.
       Then Leah and I went to write Valentine’s cards for everyone who we like a lot on the ship. I wrote one for all of my crushes. Hannah, Caroline, Alicia, Taylor, and Leah. All of these beautiful women in my life.
       And now Hannah and I are in my room lying in bed (together) watching a nature documentary. “The Challenges of Birth.”Awesome.
       Also. I HAVE NO CLOTHING. I hate SAS for telling me not to bring clothes. Laundry is legitimately done around once a month. What the hell. I have all this storage place and no freaking clothing. I didn’t bring nearly enough sweats, I only have one freaking sports bra and I work out every day. It is so so frustrating. We gave them our laundry two days ago and will be lucky to get it back tomorrow. We have nothing left. I had to borrow socks from Caroline. I am seriously down to one shirt. I worked out the other night in embarrassing heart pajama shorts. I’m getting desperate.
    Two... more... days....

No comments: