Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Feb 10
       Sailor’s Log- Day 5 At Sea
       The shipboard community is going crazy here. All we have to do is eat and sleep. Not even Disney movies can distract us. Some of us spend up to seven hours at a time suntanning to pass the time. Homework? Only as a last resort.
       I have three quizzes in the next three days so I’m having a fun time preparing for those.
       The last few days have definitely been long but also entertaining. We have watched Aladdin and the Lion King. Two nights ago we hit up pub night and it turned out to be a pretty excellent night. It was the most people I’ve ever seen at pub night, maybe 300 kids, super loud, the “MOD”crew, or mediocre dancers, all came out in crazy eighties wear and started a dance party. Smith and I decided to finally spoke the cigars we got in Spain and we ventured out to the smoker’s deck. Interesting place, the smoker’s deck. Definitely interesting people. I seem to meet every person from the University of Vermont on this ship, and I met a guy there from UVM who happens to make about $30,000 off of the syrup business he and his boss started. He said he’ll ship me some to Cali. Huh.
       The next day was Neptune Day! And I’ve already written about that. It was a really fun day, I’m still getting used to my naked head though. I get cold inside. The weather is absolutely perfect now, I think I’m going to move to Africa. Wait…I’m pretty sure I have this same weather in San Diego. But it is very hot and humid, about 82 degrees, including the water! We all finally ventured into the pool which felt amazing after being in the sun for hours on end. I’m finally getting my Latina skin back. They had a delicious American dinner of hot dogs and burgers and ribs, all barbecue style.Neptune Day might have possibly been the longest day in my life. Sometimes I’m just hoping to nap for a couple of hours just to pass the time. We are always up super early and up late…it.. just…goes…on…and …on. But it is beautiful and now that the weather is warm again there are ongoing wars for deck chairs and sunny spots. Dinners spent sitting outside are very enjoyable.


And now for the funniest email I have ever received:

Jan Anthony to her eldest daughter Jillian:
       
“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???????????????????????????
YOU ARE GOING TO SOOOOOOOOOOOOO REGRET DOING THAT JILLIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU FEEL YOU HAD TO DO THAT?????????????
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT.................COULD YOU HAVE AT LEAST THOUGHT ABOUT IT A LITTLE AND MAYBE JUST GONE SHORT?????????????????
YOU ARE GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY YOU DID THAT. YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT DID YOU ACCOMPLISH BY SHAVING YOUR HEAD JILLIAN??????????????
WHAT IS THE POINT????????????????
iT WILL TAKE YOU A YEAR TO GROW YOUR HAIR BACK AND IT MAY CHANGE YOUR TEXTURE OF YOUR HAIR.
YOU ARE NUTS!”

Wow Mom. Glad to know I have your support. She also left me this sincere facebook message which I laughed about for about five minutes straight.

"Jillian, are you out of your mind?
You are going to regret that decision.
Now for the rest of your amazing travels, you will be BALD!"

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA. Oh Mom…








I didn’t shave my head.
Are you kidding? Me get rid of my only temptress quality???
But seriously, is hair that big of a deal? What if I had really shaved my head? Pretty sad for me that that is my mom’s reaction…but I’m also pretty sure Anthony purposely didn’t email me about it to wait and see if I was lying or not so as to not walk into a trap. Smart thinking, baby.

2 comments:

Jan Anthony said...

Very funny Jillian............NOT!

Unknown said...

hahaha all i can say is oh the irony and hope that you know what i mean lol