Tuesday, March 3, 2009


March 4
       Fourth day of school in a row today. After today I have eight days of school left in March. We visit four countries this month and are never on the ship. March is going to fly on by. I am almost halfway done with SAS. Craziness.
       The night before last Hannah and I went out to the top deck to see the stars. It was so warm and pitch black out. It started to rain, so we sat down in it and let it pour on us for about five minutes. The rain was warm and felt so refreshing, but when it started whipping our faces we went inside. Then we had to walk back to our cabins soaking wet and everyone was wondering what had happened to us. I love rain. It has healing powers.
       The next night Hannah and Kendra and I were eating dinner, when all of a sudden a ton of dolphin started swimming by! They were jumping all over the place, waving to us. This was my first dolphin sighting, and it was a great one. They were everywhere. After that we sat and enjoyed the most beautiful sunset I have seen yet on this voyage. The ocean was like glass, kids were waterskiing behind the ship, and there was a haze on the ocean. The sunset stretched its rays all the way to the stern of our boat, and as it set burned a fiery red.
       A couple of peaceful, beautiful, warm days.

India tomorrow.

2 comments:

YoMama said...

Hi Jill. Hannah's mom here. I believe it's a "school" not a "ton" of dolphins. HAHA! Pahoehoe!!

Susan Richardson

Shadi said...

Hey Jilla, can't wait to hear about India.

oh, and my blog is up now :))