Thursday, June 26, 2008

week three!

time is completely flying by here. it is ridiculous. i can't believe i am halfway done!! Well i'll do a quick update before i take off for guanajuato.
This weekend was Puerto Vallarta! Not exactly a cultural trip but I knew it was going to be a blast. After a five hour bus ride we arrived at our five star hotel! It was really beautiful. A whole bunch of little casitas. Private pools. The beach ten steps away. Thursday night we all just kind of stayed in and I made the tragic mistake of sitting outside for three hours at night in a dress. I was SAVAGED by mosquitos. I got over 200 bites, most on my lower legs. So obviously that was unpleasant when I woke up the next morning and realized what had happened. I have always reacted badly to bites so I was worried but I was able to enjoy a full day of fun poolside on Friday. we were out there in our suits all day. I got a wonderful tan and we were all very pleasantly drunk and annoying the old people that were there. Friday was a hilarious day. tons of swimming, hanging with friends, some people went jet skiing or banana boating. At night we went downtown to the street with all the clubs on it. We went to this club called Zoo and by this time my bites were really starting to bug me. I hadn't itched too much that day, but once I drank that night I just itched away... with dire consequences. When I got home and looked at my legs I realized they were completely covered in blisters. I still don't even understand how that happened, but it was so. I soaked my legs in the tub for awhile then just went to bed. The next morning when I woke up there was definitely no improvement. It was disgusting. I looked like I had leprosy and the blisters were huge. So that day I spent the day in jeans and itching cream. But I didn't let it stop my fun.
Instead of hanging by the pool I met up with my FILTHY rich local friends and went on their SEVENTY FOOT YACHT!!! It was ridiculous. It was a few of us USD girls and a ton of high society Mexicans. They pay for everything for the group of girls they hang out with most, even their weekend trips, and let them stay in their beautiful homes in all these locations! It was so beautiful, I mean when they said yacht I figured something small. This is a yacht for beyond millionaires. The guys are fun and it is cool to hang outwith locals, not to mention live the foreign rich life. This one guy Pepe had his private jet flown in so he could fly home. Ha!
After we got off the boat we got ready to go out that night. I kept jeans on and we headed over to this club Christine. It was my favorite club so far. The set up was great. Open bar, circular terraces and a dancefloor in the center that occasionally had cool air burst down and confetti and great lighting. It was a really chill atmosphere and I really enjoyed it. We danced all night and finally went home. Open bar is never a good thing for college kids though and several people got hurt that night. One guy fell down the stairs, one girl tore a ligament, and one girl fell through the glass at the club! I don't even know how that happened. everyone is okay though. That night I stayed up till five talking with friends, and after ordering DELICIOUS pizza at 230 in the morning. It was a swell night.
The next day we basically packed up and left. But when I woke up... my foot was swollen to doubel its size!!! Now I was getting kind of nervous. I went straight to the hospital as soon as I got back to Guad and he just gave me Allegra. Yesterday was the first day that the swelling was finally all gone, thank god. but i still look somewhat like a leper. Not cute.
I will write more when I get back from Guanajuato! Love you all!

No comments: