Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And the ship goes on...


April 14, 2009

Okay, before I write my Japan blog I wanted to write about a couple of things that I forgot to write about that keep nagging at me.

First, that first night in Thailand when we all went out, I left out a really really cool part of that night. We saw some SASers at this sweet African-themed restaurant so we went in and sat down with them and got some delicious Thai food. God I can’t wait to have Thai food again. Anyways, there was this great band playing American rock favorites. As soon as I had a couple of drinks in me I went right up there and sang with them, a bunch of Eagles and CCR songs. It was great, they were really nice and great musicians, and I have forgotten how much I really love to sing.

Another really hilarious and embarrassing event for me occurred in Vietnam. We were walking down the streets in Ho Chi Minh City looking for a fun place to go at night. We had asked several people, but nobody really spoke great English, and we were tipsy and impatient. So I walked up to an Asian girl and said, “Excuse me, do you speak English?” Which I NEVER do, I always just start talking as to avoid the very situation I was about to get into. She looks at me and says, “Um… I’m on SAS.” Oh god. My heart dropped and I instantly started apologizing, saying, “Oh my god, I am so sorry, that is the most racist thing I have ever done in my life.”
HAHHAHHAHAH. It was so bad but so so so funny to look back on. That girl probably hates me.

Anyways, this is my fifth day on the ship on our nine day stretch and I’ve actually been having a lot of fun. I am finally starting to love life on this ship just as it is coming to an end. Funny how that always happens.

Last night was the charity auction that I was asked to MC. There were two other MCs as well, Steven Trombetta, who was in charge of the shipwide Assassins game and is a pretty nice guy, and Johnathan Katz, our resident Jewish stand up comedian who I have a legitimate silly crush on and get nervous around. We had a lot of fun doing it and it went really well. There were some great items, as well as funny items. I won having our shipboard disciplinarian Joe read all of my friends and I a bedtime story. Pretty sweet, huh? I also auctioned off a day at Raging Waters with me, which my friend Adrienne bid on and won haha. I tried to bid on a weeklong condo in Waikiki for my parents, but it got a little out of the price range I was shooting for. By a little, I mean it went for $1200. We raised about $8000 for the shipboard drive, which goes towards the fairy godmother fund as well as getting more stuff on the ship for the voyage, like new exercise equipment, AV equipment, all the stuff that makes living here fun.

The talent show is on the 16th and Greg and I worked furiously last night and today to finish up our act. We did another song parody summing up the voyage so far and saying goodbye to our many fans. Haha. Everyone is pretty excited for it. We spliced together three songs, and there is a costume change… let’s just say the full body panda suit I bought in Japan will be making an appearance…

Also, we didn’t have class today, so I slept till one and I am still in my pajamas. And tonight is fancy dinner for my birthday! We are getting all dressed up and taking prom pics beforehand haha.

Three weeks…

No comments: